I’m super psyched to be sharing this news today… are you ready? The Polygoons will be at the Quetzal Art Fest on Saturday, August 5th from 12pm – 6pm. Well, I should say myself, Mr. Garcia, will be there and I will have lots of awesome Polygoons artwork available.
This is the third annual festival of its kind organized by our friends at Expo Collective. This year it takes place in Chicago’s lovely Brighton Park neighborhood.
For those wondering if there will be activity books, the answer is YES!. Previously only made available at the school book fair, the Polygoons Activity Book will be for sale to the general public at the Quetzal Art Fest. Not to mention, water color paintings, acrylic paintings, hand-drawn ink and pencil sketches, book marks, and even the highly coveted Witch Hazel #3 pencil!
So mark your calendars – Saturday, August 5th from 12pm – 6pm at 3152 w. 47th (near Kedzie). It will take place in the parking lot of SGA Youth and Family Services. An outdoor family friendly art fest in the summertime…Oh YEAH!!!
Here’s the Facebook event link for more details and some transportation information below. Hope to see you there!
On train :
- Walking distance from the Kedzie stop on the Orange Line “L” train.
- #47 (47th Street) Bus
- #52 (Kedzie/California) Bus
- #52A (Kedzie) Bus
- From North – take I55 and exit Kedzie, head south (1.5 miles)
- From South – take I55 exit California, head south to 47th and go west toward Kedzie
- Put in trunk of car, then refer to “Driving” directions.